Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
First edition ESU 400 C Storage Unit by Charles & Ray Eames for Herman Miller. Inspired by industrial warehouse shelving ...
moreFirst edition ESU 400 C Storage Unit by Charles & Ray Eames for Herman Miller. Inspired by industrial warehouse shelving, the ESU introduced an iconic design aesthetic for generations to come. Our colorful first edition example is from 1950.
The unit features vermilion, black, and white lacquered masonite panel walls and original, black enamel steel uprights and crossed support struts. Unit also has three plywood drawers with signature metal handles, top sliding doors for concealed storage, and plywood shelves in original black and the natural finish. Wear is consistent with age, owning a gorgeous patina. Signed with the Herman Miller label fixed to the drawer.
27” wide x 17” deep x 58.75” high less
- 27ʺW × 17ʺD × 58.75ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good vintage condition. Good vintage condition. less
- Herman Miller
- Charles and Ray Eames
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Mid-Century Modern Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- Lacquer Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- Brown Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- Wood Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- Paint Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- Antique White Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- Black Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- Industrial Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- Metal Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- New York Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- Orange Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- Red Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- Steel Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
- White Storage Cabinets and Cupboards
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.