Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Refined sculpture in polychrome ceramic by the important italian artist Giovanni Ronzan 1945s. Signed below. Figure of a young girl ...
moreRefined sculpture in polychrome ceramic by the important italian artist Giovanni Ronzan 1945s. Signed below. Figure of a young girl sitting absorbed in her thoughts. This is a collectible ceramic.
Giovanni Ronzan, founder of the activity, was born on 24.9.1906, in a small town in the Vicenza area, Le Nove di Bassano del Grappa, cradle of Venetian ceramics and, following the death of his father during the First World War, became very soon the head of a family of two other brothers and three sisters.
He started working very young at the Bonato di Bassano ceramics firm and, after attending the professional sculpture courses at the Technical Institute of Nove, he went to Milan, where he started working as a ceramist at the Fabris porcelain factory. The turnaround will be in Turin where he will be able to work at the Lenci company.
In 1939, after leaving the company Lenci with his brothers Antonio and Giuseppe, he founded the "Ronzan" artistic ceramics factory based in Turin. In 1942, due to the war he decided to transfer production from Turin to Bassano del Grappa, considering this place to be safer. Among the collaborators of the early forties production, the decorator Rosa Seglie appears, whose ceramics, in addition to the manufacturing brand, bear her initials RS. In 1949 Giovanni left the factory to his brothers and to the trainer Cecchetto and moved to Turin where he founded the "Original Ceramics of Giovanni Ronzan" while the Bassano headquarters changed its name into "Ceramiche Ronzan e Cecchetto" and then into "Ronzan e Figlio" ". In 1968 Antonio leaves the Bassano headquarters and moves to Turin where he takes over the reins of the Giovanni factory, leaving the management of the Bassano factory to Giuseppe and his son Renato, who keeps production until 1996. The production, of good quality technical and formal and which is a good commercial success, is made up of pottery in modern style: vases, statuettes, plates and decorative tiles but above all by ornaments of sacred and religious subject. The production of the manufacture continues, at the Bassano headquarters, by the son of Giuseppe, Renato, until 1996 and at the Turin headquarters, by the sons of Antonio, Giuditta and Pietro, until 2001. less
- 6.7ʺW × 6.3ʺD × 6.7ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
small signs visible in photos
Wear consistent with age and use. Good
small signs visible in photos
Wear consistent with age and use. less
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.