US package and industrial designer. He was sent by his family to New Mexico to recover from tuberculosis, and began ... moreUS package and industrial designer. He was sent by his family to New Mexico to recover from tuberculosis, and began a career as sports editor for the Albuquerque Tribune-Citizen in 1916. The following year he moved to NY and operated the Washington Square Bookstore where he established the Flying Stag Press, printing magazines. His interest in art led him to editorship of Creative Arts magazine, Playboy (no, not that one—but the one first devoted to modern art), and Vanity Fair, a leading style and fashion magazine. In 1927 he was working on the design and manufacture of a line of lamps including a chrome-plated spherical table lamp. By 1929 he became advertising director for Calkins & Holden, where he started and headed an industrial styling department until it was discontinued in 1936. He wrote Consumer Engineering with Roy Shelton in 1932, and designed the Higgens ink bottle, A&P packages including 8 o'clock coffee and the Phillip Morris trademark. For the Hobart Manufacturing Company, he designed their classic Kitchen Aid Model "K" stand mixer (1937) and "Streamliner" meat slicer (1941). In 1939, he designed the "Good Life" main exhibit in the Consumers Building. In 1944 he was one of the 15 practitioners who established the Society of Industrial Designers, and in 1952, was one of the 12 who established the Package Designers Council. less
- 17.5ʺW × 20ʺD × 30.5ʺH
- Mid-Century Modern
- Egmont Arens
- Excellent Condition, Not Used, Restored, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Meticulously restored Meticulously restored less
- Seat Height
- 8.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.