Joaquim Sarriera (Spain, 20th c.) Original Collage Mixed Media Portrait c.1962
Rare portrait by noted Spanish artist Joaquim Sarriera ... moreJoaquim Sarriera (Spain, 20th c.) Original Collage Mixed Media Portrait c.1962
Rare portrait by noted Spanish artist Joaquim Sarriera.
Mixed media with oils, paper and gouache on masonite.
Dimensions 20" x 24". The frame measures 23.5" x 28".
Signed and dated upper right.
Very good condition.
Sarriera has been a painter with a theme repeated at different times of its creation. The faces, the dead natures, the flowers and the badius are a constant of the artist who never gave up his profession as a decorator painter, inherited from his father. He was a basically self-taught practitioner, although he studied at La Llotja. His role in the arrival of the new artistic tendencies in Badalona was recognized as a founding member of the REM group in 1958. His most recognized contribution in the field of arts is experimentation with the collage technique, which made him worthy of the critique's recognition and also the audience during the sixties. This is the decade of his greatest artistic effervescence, when he exhibits at galleries in Barcelona and Reus. His personal style is reflected in each of his works that are, above all, sarrieresques, a term coined by his good friend, the poet Joan Argenté, to define this centennial but totally current artist.
A fine opportunity to acquire a rare original by this Spanish artist. less
- 23.5ʺW × 1ʺD × 28ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Very good condition. Very good condition. less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.