Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Mid- Century Original Painting on Canvas of Italian Alps by Joseph Tilleux of Antwerp (1896-1978 ) Framed in gilded wood frame ...
moreMid- Century Original Painting on Canvas of Italian Alps by Joseph Tilleux of Antwerp (1896-1978 ) Framed in gilded wood frame with linen matte
Born in the Belgium city of Antwerp, Tilleux worked briefly, after his formal schooling as a draftsman but chose to pursue a more artistic career. After his studies and apprenticeship at the Academy of Antwerp, he settled in the picturesque Flemish artists' village of Lier, Belgium. There he found an abundance of inspiration in the historic town and neiboring countryside, rivers and countless charming villages. He was fortunate to study under of Franz Courtens, Frans Hens and Albert Ciamberlani ~ all famous Dutch and Flemish painters of the period. He worked in the studio of Isidore Opsomer of Lier through 1921, and was friends with Felix Timmermans (anot her famous Flemish author and painter) as well as Louis Van Boeckel (an incredible metalsmith of the early 20th century). His artwork is characterized by a wide variety of subjects: portraits, still lives, church interiors, and his works were interspersed with river views of the Scheldt and images of the abundantly beautiful Flemish landscapes. His early works are characterized by dark coloration, painted before 1935 instead of the pure, bright colors that he is known for in his later paintings after WWII in the 40’s, 50’s, an 60’s. Tilleux also traveled in Italy, Germany, France and the Netherlands, which resulted in numerous paintings from those locations. His works have been and are displayed in several museums: The Royal Academy of Antwerp, among others.
Circa 1950's less
- 33ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 29.5ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Hand-Curated Condition! Hand-detailed by our expert in-house staff. Located in our flagship 25,000 square foot Baton Rouge showroom ... moreExcellent Hand-Curated Condition! Hand-detailed by our expert in-house staff. Located in our flagship 25,000 square foot Baton Rouge showroom, NOT our 25,000 square foot Dallas Design District showroom. less
- Art Subject
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.