Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Italian Murano 1940s gold dusted glass chandelier with six scroll arms supporting pleated bowl shades with a centered obelisk and ...
moreItalian Murano 1940s gold dusted glass chandelier with six scroll arms supporting pleated bowl shades with a centered obelisk and tulip flower extensions (signed Veronese Seguso; made for André Arbus)
Condition report: One tulip missing.
The Veronese story begins in 1931 – the heyday for the decorative arts in Paris. Following the launch of the first International Exposition of Modern Industrial and Decorative Arts in 1925, the City of Light witnessed an ever-increasing demand for distinct yet modern high-end designs. The late Mr. Barbier, passionate about the decorative arts, recognized the opportunity and established The House of Veronese. Seeing the potential for glass blowing to meet the demands of the 1930s market for exclusive modern design, Mr. Barbier set out to create Murano glass decorative art within the style of modern French design. Barbier’s desire to influence art with art inspired him to name his company The House of Veronese.
In the early years, Barbier’s determination to fuse the prestige of the traditional Murano glass techniques with modern French design inspired him to work closely with renowned architects such as Andre Arbus – a leader in the field of 20th century decorative arts with a reputation for innovative designs. Given Arbus’s renewed interest in the Neoclassical style – but with a fresh twist – and his love of luxurious materials, he was a perfect match for Veronese.
André Arbus was a French furniture designer, sculptor and architect. Arbus exhibited his work at the 1925 International Exhibition of Modern Decorative and Industrial Arts, where he won the silver medal for a lowboy he designed with Marc Saint-Saëns. Meanwhile, his work was also exhibited at the Société des artistes décorateurs and the Salon d'Automne. In 1925 André Arbus began to achieve the great success he deserved. He started exhibiting beyond Toulouse—at the Salon des Artistes Décorateurs, the Exposition des Arts Décoratifs, the Salon d'Automne, the gallery L’Epoque in Paris, and, most notably, at the International Exhibition of Modern Decorative and Industrial Arts, where he won a medal for an innovative piece he designed with Marc Saint-Saëns.
In 1932 Arbus moved to Paris, and in 1935, a year after winning the esteemed Premier Prix Blumenthal, he opened his own gallery. It was here, on the Avenue Matignon, that André Arbus built a client base of wealthy collectors and a reputation as one of the finest and most interesting furniture makers in all of France. less
- 34.5ʺW × 34.5ʺD × 36ʺL
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Minor losses. Good
Minor losses. less
- André Arbus
- Place of Origin
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.