Presenting an beautiful 20th century French cane backed Bergere chair by Theodore Alexander of NY.
Firstly, in this industry there ... morePresenting an beautiful 20th century French cane backed Bergere chair by Theodore Alexander of NY.
Firstly, in this industry there are 4 categories:- (1) Original period antiques, (2) “Fakes” which are made to deceive, (3) ‘Reproductions’ which are not intended to deceive but copies of original designs to make antiques more affordable and finally (4) ‘Replicas’ of famous antiques which are re-created by master craftsmen to pay ‘homage’ to one of a kind pieces from history.
This piece very firmly, falls into the third category.
The extremely high-end manufacturer of Theodore Alexander would have made this reproduction chair, probably in the 1980’s. It is a reproduction of a French 18th Century Bergere Chair with painted plaque in the back splat. Unlike most reproductions this is of EXTREMELY high quality. It is made of solid walnut, with beautiful detail, leather seat and patination. This would have been a very expensive chair to buy when originally bought from Theodore Alexander. less
- 25ʺW × 20ʺD × 38ʺH
- Late 20th Century
- Theodore Alexander
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Near Mint. Near Mint. less
- Seat Height
- 19.5 inches
- Seat Interior Depth
- 20.0 inches
- Seat Interior Width
- 22.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
- Animal Skin Bergere Chairs
- Brown Bergere Chairs
- Caning Bergere Chairs
- Coffee Bergere Chairs
- Federal Bergere Chairs
- French Bergere Chairs
- Leather Bergere Chairs
- Outdoor Seating
- Outdoor Seating Sets
- Paint Bergere Chairs
- Shabby Chic Bergere Chairs
- Tan Bergere Chairs
- Theodore Alexander Bergere Chairs
- Traditional Bergere Chairs
- Walnut Bergere Chairs
- White Bergere Chairs
- Wood Bergere Chairs
- Yellow Bergere Chairs
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.