Reclaiming the values of the UAM, the pair set out to create functional furniture in great numbers, without any concessions ...
moreReclaiming the values of the UAM, the pair set out to create functional furniture in great numbers, without any concessions to aesthetics or function. Philippon began as a student of the Ecole Boulle and Lecoq attended L'Ecole nationale superieure des arts decoratifs. While they first met in 1954, their extraordinary collaboration would last until Philippon's death in 1995.
Through the 1950s and 60s they presented regularly at the Salon des Art menagers and Salon des artistes decorateurs of which Philippon was president from 1970-72. They participated at the Expositions universelles de Bruxelles in 1958 and Montreal 1967, as well as collaborating on numerous commissions for the Mobilier national. The President desk is among their most well-known pieces.
Renowned for stylistic purity, respect for material takes highest priority in their work, as well as the exclusion of any extraneous decoration. less
- 23ʺW × 22ʺD × 29.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Excellent Condition, Restored, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Meticulously restored Meticulously restored less
- Scandinavian Modern
- Seat Height
- 17.0 inches
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.