Rare pair of flame cut Danish Brutalist brass flower wall lights by Holm Sørensen, 1960s.
Danish Mid-Century Modern Brutalist and ... moreRare pair of flame cut Danish Brutalist brass flower wall lights by Holm Sørensen, 1960s.
Danish Mid-Century Modern Brutalist and rustic brass wall light in the shape of a large flower with 16 leaves surrounding a big round shiny center. Designed by the versatile Dane Svend Aage Holm Sørensen for his own company Holm Sørensen & Co. in the 1960s. His signature technique for working with brass is used in this piece: The metal has been flame cut and acid treated to enhance nuances and create effect and uniqueness in every lamp. The 16 leaves each have three small, long holes that creates wall shadows when the lamp is lit making the illusion of a flower or a sun even greater. Model 5201 known as "The Sun".
E17 bulb and switch on cord. Rewiring free of charge.
Beautiful vintage condition consistent with Holm Sorensen's method of adding patina to his pieces.
About Svend Aage Holm Sørensen:
Danish designer Svend Aage Holm Sørensen (1913-2004) founded his company Holm Sørensen & Co. in the mid-1950s. He was a versatile and experimental designer who worked with many different materials, shapes and techniques. He is known to be not traditionally Danish in his work, as he was more playful and colorful than Danish designers such as Arne Jacobsen and Poul Henningsen. He developed his own technique to work with brass and copper, where he would flame cut and acid treat the metal to enhance nuances and make every lamp unique in its own right. He also worked with ceramics and produced several series of lamps, vases and decor. less
- 16ʺW × 16ʺD × 8ʺL
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Wear consistent with age and use. Wear consistent with age and use. less
- Holm Sørensen
- Holm Sørensen
- Holm Sørensen
- Place of Origin
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.