Oil painting by Clemente Minum
Born in 1937, artist Clemente Mimun lived his childhood years in Carthage, the ex-French colony ... moreOil painting by Clemente Minum
Born in 1937, artist Clemente Mimun lived his childhood years in Carthage, the ex-French colony of Tunisia. As the son of a gallery owner Clemente immersed himself in the museums of LeBardo and Carthage, abundant with Roman Phoenician art, all of which left an indelible impression. At the age of 16, Clemente moved to Paris where he spent countless hours in the coffeehouses absorbing the philosophical conversation of elder artists. To this day, Clemente acknowledges these experiences in the development of his own personal philosophies on existentialism and self-responsibility - transpiring in the motivation for his artwork.
By 1962, Clemente settled in the United States. Today, his universal language is spoken through his art. Clemente explains that his work is born of a synergy between memory and imagination. He uses no models, pictures or still life arrangements when creating a new work of art. A self-proclaimed 'observer' Clemente chooses to elicit an intellectual formula for his subject matter that he describes through a hierarchy of interpersonal understanding:
On the First level, Clemente strives to expose one's isolation from the rest of the world and the inevitable "antagonistic possession" that lies in out relationships therein. The Second level involves an attempt to communicate to resolve this antagonism - not through the complexity of words, but through the simplicity of symbolism. the Third level is reconciliation - a resolution to consume and accept a peaceful coexistence. In other words, the artist states: "Why not say it with flowers? less
- 62ʺW × 2ʺD × 42ʺH
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Mint Condition, Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.