Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
This pair of marvelous antique English characters are likely advertising trade figures or display figures used to promote a shop ...
moreThis pair of marvelous antique English characters are likely advertising trade figures or display figures used to promote a shop. One is a Coachman and the other is a Groom. The statues are made of wood, hand carved with a polychrome or painted finish. Each of the figures are extremely well carved and stylistically capture all the details of a real Coachman and Groom from the period.
Both figures have very expressive faces with caricature style features giving them a slightly humorous appearance. Their large eyes, nose and mouths add to the distinctive character of each face. Even the hair and bushy eyebrows seem slightly exaggerated.
They are well dressed in typical 18th century English clothing for their service. The waistcoats with wide lapels and large cuffs are adorned with ball shaped gold buttons with black buttonhole trim. Each are wearing a red vest with a patterned neck handkerchief. The Colonial knee-length breeches and long stockings with garters, cover the legs. They’re fashionable low heeled shoes each have large square silver buckles. Keep in mind all of this detail is carved wood!
Additional photos are available on our website at GriffinTrading.com less
- 23ʺW × 25ʺD × 54ʺH
- 1900 - 1909
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Design Modified, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Overall, both figures are structurally sound and in very good condition. They do show signs of various small repairs, repaint ...
moreOverall, both figures are structurally sound and in very good condition. They do show signs of various small repairs, repaint and touch up from previous years. Some minor areas have gesso visible. There are paint chips and losses, scratches, dings, dents, cracks and age separations, all typical for this type of item, its age and use.
Additional condition report available for each figure upon request. less
- Place of Origin
- Art Subject
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.