A cool vintage Italian teakwood surfboard floor lamp by Goffredo reggiani circa 1970. This rare Reggiani lamp showcases the international ...
moreA cool vintage Italian teakwood surfboard floor lamp by Goffredo reggiani circa 1970. This rare Reggiani lamp showcases the international fascination with California surf culture that swept the world beginning in the 1960's. The circular solid marble base supports a slender metal pole mounted with a surfboard shaped slab of teak. The surfboard is not only oval in shape but has a concave façade extending from side to side where the three lights are cradled. All three light covers are made of opaline glass famous for its ability to evenly diffuse light and shaped with curves to echo the profile of the surfboard. The on/off floor switch cord is threaded through the marble base to reach the metal pole which conceals all the wires. Truly a statement of Italian design exuberance from the 1970's.
Not a lot of biographical information is available on the Italian lighting designer and entrepreneur Goffredo Reggiani, however it can be surmised that he was particularly active in the lighting sector during the 1950s throughout the 1970s.
Reggiani founded his eponymous lighting factory in Brianza, Italy, a region known for its tradition in industry. In his designs, Reggiani utilized mainly chrome, as well as opaline glass and teak, to create Space Age designs, such as sputnik style chandeliers, globe-shaped table lamps, and floor lamps with trumpet-like diffusers. During the 1970s, Reggiani developed the first range of low voltage halogen lamps in Europe.
Today, the company is still in operation, creating interior and exterior lighting for both the private and public sectors. (Courtesy Pamono) less
- 12ʺW × 12ʺD × 72ʺL
- Goffredo Reggiani
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Wear consistent with age and use. Wear consistent with age and use. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
- Brown Floor Lamps
- Chrome Floor Lamps
- Chrome Floor Lamps
- Contemporary Floor Lamps
- Glass Floor Lamps
- Goffredo Reggiani Floor Lamps
- Houston Floor Lamps
- Italian Floor Lamps
- Lights Floor Lamps
- Marble Floor Lamps
- Mediterranean Floor Lamps
- Metal Floor Lamps
- Mid-Century Modern Floor Lamps
- Organic Modern Floor Lamps
- Outdoor Lighting
- Scandinavian Modern Floor Lamps
- Silver Floor Lamps
- Stone Floor Lamps
- Teak Floor Lamps
- Wood Floor Lamps
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.