Lounge chair in highly figured Jacaranda wood with a series of skeletal fins along the back connected by an aluminum ...
moreLounge chair in highly figured Jacaranda wood with a series of skeletal fins along the back connected by an aluminum rod, and original brown leather cushions. A visually impressive design made in Sao Paulo, Brazil, circa 1965. A rare item on the market, often attributed to the Sao Paulo design collective Novo Rumo.. The chair frame itself measures 33 inches wide; with the cushion overhang, the overall width is 41 inches. Available (and priced) separately is the same chair model with mustard yellow cushions, and an analogous sofa with white leather cushions, all from the same residence. See listings.
- 41ʺW × 32ʺD × 31ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Fine overall condition. The Jacaranda wood has been cleaned and polished, but is in remarkably good original condition with a ... moreFine overall condition. The Jacaranda wood has been cleaned and polished, but is in remarkably good original condition with a nice, uniform patina. The leather has been cleaned and conditioned. The seat cushion and an armrest have been re-toned. See photos. less
- Mid-Century Modern
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 16.0 inches
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.