Riva Helfond (American, 20thc.) European Street Scene Original Watercolor c.1950s
Original watercolor on paper. Signed in the lower left ... moreRiva Helfond (American, 20thc.) European Street Scene Original Watercolor c.1950s
Original watercolor on paper. Signed in the lower left corner.
Watercolor dimensions 17.5" x 21". The frame measures 25.5" x 29".
Good vintage condition.
Riva Helfond, painter, printmaker, and educator, was born in Brooklyn. She studied at the School of Industrial Art and the Art Students League, both in New York. Helfond taught in the WPA/FAP programs in New York from 1936 to 1941 and was on the creative staff of their graphics division.
In 1964 she taught printmaking at New York University and since 1980 has been on the faculty of Union College, Cranford, New Jersey.
Her work can be seen in the collections of the California State Museum, Los Angeles; Carnegie Institute, Pittsburgh; Cincinnati Museum; Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.; Metropolitan Museum of Art; Miami Museum of Fine Art; Museum of Modern Art; Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.; Miami Center for Fine Arts; New York Public Library, Print Collection; and the Boston Public Library Print Collection.
Helfond has exhibited widely and is the recipient of numerous awards, most recently the Society of American Graphic Artists Award for Outstanding Collograph. Her work is included in the Archives of American Art. less
- 25.5ʺW × 1ʺD × 29ʺH
- Place of Origin
- North America
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Fine vintage condition w/ minimal fading. See all images. Fine vintage condition w/ minimal fading. See all images. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.