Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Taking inspiration from the twisting forms of seaweed and other natural materials, Haase hand-carves each element of his unique dining ...
moreTaking inspiration from the twisting forms of seaweed and other natural materials, Haase hand-carves each element of his unique dining chair before casting it in his New York City studio. The bronze components are then welded together by the artist and polished to a mirror finish. Shown upholstered in white pony hair, the chair can be upholstered in a variety of materials. The back-rest can also be created in hand carved wood.
Combining a mastery of traditional sculpting techniques with a contemporary, material-driven approach to design, Markus Haase creates unique works of art, sculptural pieces of furniture, and lighting design.
Haase refined his sculpting practice studying under Europe’s preeminent masters of stone carving, restoring centuries-old Gothic cathedrals across Northern Europe for over a decade. These experiences, combined with his fresh and impressive eye for design, allow Haase to create his dynamic, expressive works. Haase demonstrates his sculpting virtuosity through his designs that imbue wood, metal, stone and resin with a remarkable sense of fluidity and movement. His dynamic sculptural lighting defines a new artistry for the twenty-first century. As Todd Merrill describes, “Markus Haase is not making a piece of furniture that looks like art… He is a sculptor making art that serves functional ends.”
In 2013, Haase formally launched his first series of sculptural furniture exclusively with Todd Merrill Studio. Since then, his work has attracted the attention of designers, critics, and collectors worldwide. Haase has been exhibited at prestigious art fairs including The Salon: Art + Design in New York; Collective Design in New York; the Pavilion of Arts and Design in Paris, London, and New York; FOG: Design + Art in San Francisco; and Spring Masters in New York.
As Haase works on a commission basis, custom designs may be requested. less
- 22.5ʺW × 18ʺD × 37.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Made to Order
- Markus Haase
- Seat Height
- 18.0 inches
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.