Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Jean-Luc Le Mounier’s latest work, the Papillon Cabinet is assertive in form with two grand curved wings facing the ...
moreJean-Luc Le Mounier’s latest work, the Papillon Cabinet is assertive in form with two grand curved wings facing the cabinet’s cleverly hinged doors. The “wings” are finished in a satiny black straw marquetry silhouetted against the gold straw marquetry of the cabinet’s inner doors. The graphic doors open to reveal a delicate, lacy, bronze “gate” that encloses the cabinet’s two shelves and hidden compartments. The high level of attention to detail in both construction and design is a testimony to Le Mournier’s audacity and sensibility.
French cabinetmaker Jean-Luc Le Mounier lives and works in Brittany (North-West of France). Le Mounier spent much of his childhood in his grandfather’s carpentry workshop where he would craft tiny pieces of furniture with the tools and materials he could find there. Fascinated with wood, he started his training as a cabinetmaker in 1995. In 2003, Le Mounier opened his own workshop where he could express his passion and explore the many possibilities of crafting unique furniture design.
In his Dinard workshop, in the heart of his native Brittany, Le Mounier now conducts of team of master craftsmen to create elegant and graphic furniture deeply rooted in tradition with decidedly modern motifs. Together, they create singular pieces of precision design, harmoniously mixing rare woods with precious metals. Drawing inspiration from natural elements, art, fashion, and architecture the works mix strength of form with a lexicon of uncommon details and imagery that is both graphic and elegant. The broad range of woods and metals used, which can be as diverse as sycamore, ebony, bronze, steel, enamel, or sand, as well as the unpredictable way in which Le Mounier manipulates them, sets the artist apart. less
- 78.5ʺW × 20ʺD × 73ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Jean-Luc Le Mounier
- Place of Origin
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.