This collection of English commemorative ware consists of a 1937 Edward VIII coronation tea set, two 1837 Edward VIII coronation ... moreThis collection of English commemorative ware consists of a 1937 Edward VIII coronation tea set, two 1837 Edward VIII coronation plates, a 1937 Edward VIII coronation flute, and a 1939 plate commemorating George VI and Queen Elizabeth's trip to the United States and Canada. The Coronation tea set consists of a teapot, two cups, each with a saucer, a creamer and a coupe-shaped, open sugar bowl. The teapot, cups, creamer, and sugar bowl all feature Edward VIII's coronation portrait on the front and his seal on the back. The teapot, creamer, and sugar bowl are each circumscribed with gold trim and feature a delightful cracklature. Each piece is stamped "Made in England" and the teapot is also stamped "Lancasters LTD". The two conical-shaped teacups have handles which are decorated with a fine, royal blue line. The rim of each teacup, as well as their saucers, are also adorned with royal blue lines. Each piece is stamped "Made in England". The scalloped edged Edward VIII coronation plate offers a 24-karat gold trim and features Edward VIII's coronation portrait and seal, the back is stamped "L&Sons LTD". The second coronation plate is square with scalloped corners. In the center of the plate is a grisaille portrait of Edward VIII inside a blue cartouche. Undulating ribbons decorate the four edges of the plate, each inscribed with "Dieu Et Mon Droit". The back is stamped "Wedgwood". The commemorative conical shaped flute has eight rows of tapered v-grooves at its base. On the front of the glass, "Crowned May 12TH, 1937" is etched along with Edward VIII's coronation crown, his initials are etched on the back. The semi-scalloped edged plate- which commemorates George VI and Queen Elizabeth's visit to the United States and Canada- is executed in a rich cream color and decorated with a sky blue band tracing its rim. A thicker blue band encircles a central portrait of George VI and Queen Elizabeth along with images of the United States and Canada's Capitol buildings, as well as the flags of America, Great Britain and Canada. Beneath the portrait is text describing the details of the visit surrounded by a garland of maple leaves. The back of the plate is stamped "Royal Staffordshire Pottery". England, circa 1937 less
- 8.75ʺW × 8.75ʺD × 5.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
- Art Deco
- Place of Origin
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.