This collection of English commemorative ware consists of a 1937 Edward VIII coronation tea set, two 1837 Edward VIII coronation ... moreThis collection of English commemorative ware consists of a 1937 Edward VIII coronation tea set, two 1837 Edward VIII coronation plates, a 1937 Edward VIII coronation flute, and a 1939 plate commemorating George VI and Queen Elizabeth's trip to the United States and Canada. The Coronation tea set consists of a teapot, two cups, each with a saucer, a creamer and a coupe-shaped, open sugar bowl. The teapot, cups, creamer, and sugar bowl all feature Edward VIII's coronation portrait on the front and his seal on the back. The teapot, creamer, and sugar bowl are each circumscribed with gold trim and feature a delightful cracklature. Each piece is stamped "Made in England" and the teapot is also stamped "Lancasters LTD". The two conical-shaped teacups have handles which are decorated with a fine, royal blue line. The rim of each teacup, as well as their saucers, are also adorned with royal blue lines. Each piece is stamped "Made in England". The scalloped edged Edward VIII coronation plate offers a 24-karat gold trim and features Edward VIII's coronation portrait and seal, the back is stamped "L&Sons LTD". The second coronation plate is square with scalloped corners. In the center of the plate is a grisaille portrait of Edward VIII inside a blue cartouche. Undulating ribbons decorate the four edges of the plate, each inscribed with "Dieu Et Mon Droit". The back is stamped "Wedgwood". The commemorative conical shaped flute has eight rows of tapered v-grooves at its base. On the front of the glass, "Crowned May 12TH, 1937" is etched along with Edward VIII's coronation crown, his initials are etched on the back. The semi-scalloped edged plate- which commemorates George VI and Queen Elizabeth's visit to the United States and Canada- is executed in a rich cream color and decorated with a sky blue band tracing its rim. A thicker blue band encircles a central portrait of George VI and Queen Elizabeth along with images of the United States and Canada's Capitol buildings, as well as the flags of America, Great Britain and Canada. Beneath the portrait is text describing the details of the visit surrounded by a garland of maple leaves. The back of the plate is stamped "Royal Staffordshire Pottery". England, circa 1937 less
- 8.75ʺW × 8.75ʺD × 5.5ʺH
- Art Deco
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.