This product is no longer available.
Both outstanding design and rich tradition set apart this intriguing Irish George III-period mahogany table. Often referred to as a ... moreBoth outstanding design and rich tradition set apart this intriguing Irish George III-period mahogany table. Often referred to as a “wake” table, this extra-long oval table would have once been used year-round as a dining table. Yet, it also would have served as the focal furnishing of a wake when a death occurred. Skillfully constructed with folding side panels, it could be used to display the coffin of the deceased before burial. Irish Celtic tradition mandated that the body of the recently departed be watched constantly to prevent its removal by evil spirits. This beautiful table would have been specially commissioned by an affluent Irish family as an important part of the final rites - as well as the final celebration of the lives of their loved ones. Regardless of their original usage, these amazing tables are highly prized and sought after today as dining tables. Their oval shape makes them perfect for social occasions since everyone seated at the table is within view. Wake tables, especially of this phenomenal size and quality, are rarely found outside of Ireland. Circa 1800 less
- 61.5ʺW × 120ʺD × 30ʺH
- 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Condition Antique Excellent Condition Antique less
- Table Base
- Table Shape
- Number of Leaves
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.