Acrylic over Metal Leaf on Wood Panel. Painting transforms and shimmers in changing light due to hand-applied metal leaf under ...
moreAcrylic over Metal Leaf on Wood Panel. Painting transforms and shimmers in changing light due to hand-applied metal leaf under layer.
Roger Mudre’s work is all about the circle. This local, Wilton, CT artist finds inspiration in the colors and patterns of nature. Painting in jewel toned acrylics, he builds sheer layer upon layer of color on a subtly reflective metal leaf surface creating a picture plane that changes with the viewer’s perspective.
“I have never known any other path to take except that of an artist.” – Roger Mudre
Roger's work is collected in many corporate and residential collections including, Hotel Zero Degrees in Norwalk, CT, Frontier Communications, and the Energizer Corporation in Shelton, CT. Roger finds influence in artists' work such as: Josef Albers, Sol LeWitt and Mark Rothko.
“The concept of infinity has been the inspiration for the work. Employing the circle, the perfect form as a muse. Created images reference microscopic worlds, cellular growth, auras, the cosmos, and places unseen, only imagined. The square format allows for a field of pattern that continues equally in all directions, reinforcing that feeling of infinity.
Paintings begin with a ground to which metallic leaf is then applied. Using both additive and subtractive techniques multiple layers of glazed color are built up. The underlying leaf not only adds a rich tone to the work, it allows the light to refract off the surface of the finished painting. A variety of tools are used including brushes, scrapers and rags giving the paintings a very nuanced texture and complex depth of color. The combination of reflective metal leaf and the many layers of glazed color allow the painting to appear subtly different, depending on the light and viewing angle, creating a constantly changing visual experience. The result is a record of a journey that is both a sensuous and a creative exploration.” – Roger Mudre
Abstract, circles, modern, metallic, hypnotic, circles, blue, cyan, cerulean, ultramarine, dots, Sol LeWitt, Josef Albers, mark rothko, iridescent, color-changing less
- 48ʺW × 2.25ʺD × 48ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Signed by artist. Ready to hang; Framing optional. Signed by artist. Ready to hang; Framing optional. less
- Roger Mudre
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Art Subject
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
The DECASO Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on DECASO in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on Made-to-Order items, some jewelry and limited selection of other items as noted in the returns and cancellations section of the product description.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.