Mixed Media on Canvas. Paint extends onto gallery-wrapped canvas sides. Signed by artist and wired to hang vertically or horizontally ...
moreMixed Media on Canvas. Paint extends onto gallery-wrapped canvas sides. Signed by artist and wired to hang vertically or horizontally. Framing optional.
Marta Spendowska is a Polish-born (NH Seacoast-based) American artist and illustrator. Since her arrival in the United States in 2005, she has worked with a wide range of art collectors, consultants, interior designers, fashion and beauty brands. Client roaster includes Oprah Magazine, Better Homes & Gardens, Oreo and many more. Articles, interviews ad podcasts featuring Marta and her work have been published in many books, magazines and online.
Marta has a background in Graphic Communications and holds Master’s Degree in Marketing and Journalism. She currently resides happily close to Portsmouth, NH soaking up every drop of the ocean whenever it’s possible. Once a year Marta travels to Europe (Poland is a must) and gathers all the necessary emotional juice for creating new work.
Marta is a member of: New Hampshire Art Association (NHAA), New England Watercolor Association (NEWS), Center for Maine Contemporary Art (CMCA), National Watercolor Association (NWS), American Watercolor Association (AWS).
"As an artist, I am at the mercy of beauty and spirituality which I have come to recognize as twin sisters. They are the strongest influences and have become the biggest motivators in my daily life—like my morning chai—they trigger my energy and allow it flow freely. By learning from my experiences, I have become the unique author of what I know. And so I paint what I know.
I choose to work with specific water-based materials: watercolor, acrylic paint, or ink. Watercolor is my preferred medium because it is immediately responsive; it reminds me that life does not allow for “do overs.” The only certain thing is here, now. The fluidity of my materials allows me to be spontaneous, with no plan or obligation other than to react to what is happening with this paper, that brush, this moment.
This intuitive process of painting helps me delve into intangible, hidden, heart-felt places—something akin to painting as prayer. My unwavering interest in the unseen, whether magic or psychic phenomena, guides me to create, to destroy and, ultimately, mend. I let the paint leak, gather, and pool until imagery emerges—a mountain or a cave or a flower’s bloom. The movement between the paint and me, hovering, is like dancing with the ghosts of every person and each thing that has ever mattered to me. When I paint I gather all my experiences and channel them into my art. What I feel in my heart becomes visible and tangible." -- Marta Spendowska
Minimalist art, contrast, bright colors, vivid colors, acrylic, mixed media, floral, flora, statement art, bedroom art, living room art, ethereal, light, whimsical, abstract, blue, purple, white, pink, red, teal, aqua, floral. less
- 52ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 52ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Signed by artist. Wired to be hung vertically or horizontally. Framing optional. Signed by artist. Wired to be hung vertically or horizontally. Framing optional. less
- Marta Spendowska
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.
The DECASO Buyer Guarantee ensures that you have complete peace of mind when
making a purchase on DECASO in the event that your item:
- Does not arrive
- Is broken during transit
- Is materially different than what you purchased
- All sales are final on Made-to-Order items, some jewelry and limited selection of other items as noted in the returns and cancellations section of the product description.
- For all other items, sales are final 48 hours after delivery (Except Free Local Pickup and Seller Managed Local Delivery — see below).
- To request a return, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the order number and the reason for your return request.
- On approved returns, the buyer is responsible for full cost of return packing & shipping.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales are final once buyer or buyer’s agent takes possession of an item.
- Upon inspection, if you decide not to move forward with the purchase, you or your agent must refuse the item at the time of pickup/delivery from the seller. Once you have taken possession of the item, all sales are final. Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a refund.
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason, with the exception of Made-to-Order items, where supplies have been purchased or work begun on the item.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
- Once shipping or pickup has been initiated, the cancellation will be considered a return and you will be responsible for the cost of shipping.