Mixed Media on Canvas. Paint extends onto gallery-wrapped canvas sides. Signed by artist and wired to hang vertically or horizontally ...
moreMixed Media on Canvas. Paint extends onto gallery-wrapped canvas sides. Signed by artist and wired to hang vertically or horizontally. Framing optional.
Marta Spendowska is a Polish-born (NH Seacoast-based) American artist and illustrator. Since her arrival in the United States in 2005, she has worked with a wide range of art collectors, consultants, interior designers, fashion and beauty brands. Client roaster includes Oprah Magazine, Better Homes & Gardens, Oreo and many more. Articles, interviews ad podcasts featuring Marta and her work have been published in many books, magazines and online.
Marta has a background in Graphic Communications and holds Master’s Degree in Marketing and Journalism. She currently resides happily close to Portsmouth, NH soaking up every drop of the ocean whenever it’s possible. Once a year Marta travels to Europe (Poland is a must) and gathers all the necessary emotional juice for creating new work.
Marta is a member of: New Hampshire Art Association (NHAA), New England Watercolor Association (NEWS), Center for Maine Contemporary Art (CMCA), National Watercolor Association (NWS), American Watercolor Association (AWS).
"As an artist, I am at the mercy of beauty and spirituality which I have come to recognize as twin sisters. They are the strongest influences and have become the biggest motivators in my daily life—like my morning chai—they trigger my energy and allow it flow freely. By learning from my experiences, I have become the unique author of what I know. And so I paint what I know.
I choose to work with specific water-based materials: watercolor, acrylic paint, or ink. Watercolor is my preferred medium because it is immediately responsive; it reminds me that life does not allow for “do overs.” The only certain thing is here, now. The fluidity of my materials allows me to be spontaneous, with no plan or obligation other than to react to what is happening with this paper, that brush, this moment.
This intuitive process of painting helps me delve into intangible, hidden, heart-felt places—something akin to painting as prayer. My unwavering interest in the unseen, whether magic or psychic phenomena, guides me to create, to destroy and, ultimately, mend. I let the paint leak, gather, and pool until imagery emerges—a mountain or a cave or a flower’s bloom. The movement between the paint and me, hovering, is like dancing with the ghosts of every person and each thing that has ever mattered to me. When I paint I gather all my experiences and channel them into my art. What I feel in my heart becomes visible and tangible." -- Marta Spendowska
Minimalist art, contrast, bright colors, vivid colors, acrylic, mixed media, floral, flora, statement art, bedroom art, living room art, ethereal, light, whimsical, abstract, blue, purple, white, pink, red, teal, aqua, floral. less
- 52ʺW × 1.5ʺD × 48ʺH
- Marta Spendowska
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Mint Condition, Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Signed by artist. Wired to be hung vertically or horizontally. Framing optional. Signed by artist. Wired to be hung vertically or horizontally. Framing optional. less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
- Abstract Paintings
- Acrylic Paint Paintings
- Aqua Paintings
- Blue Paintings
- Canvas Paintings
- Contemporary Paintings
- Marta Spendowska Paintings
- Minimalist Paintings
- Mixed-Media Paintings
- New York Paintings
- Paper Paintings
- Pink Paintings
- Purple Paintings
- Red Paintings
- Sculpture Materials Paintings
- Teal Paintings
- Textile Paintings
- Turquoise Paintings
- Watercolor Paintings
- White Paintings
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.