Tilly Moes (1899-1979) Still Life w/ Lilies c.1950
Splendid mid century still life oil painting by listed artist Tilly ... moreTilly Moes (1899-1979) Still Life w/ Lilies c.1950
Splendid mid century still life oil painting by listed artist Tilly Moes (Germany / Holland)
Beautiful Lilies in a figurative pearl opalescence vase next to a curio box. The box, vase and red curtains are beautifully reflected in the rich ebony table top.
Original oil on canvas. Dimensions 16" x 20". The frame measures 22" x 26".
Signed in the lower left corner. Very good condition.
A painter of still-lives with an abundance of fruits and flowers, Tilly Moes was born as Sofia (Fia) Theodora van Driel in 1899 in Dusseldorf, Germany. She grew up in Holland, where she studied at the Art Academy in the Hague. After her marriage to artist Nicolaas Bruijnesteijn in 1927, the young couple moved frequently, and their only son was born in 1931. Tilly's work by then provided most of the family's income, with her husband using public transportation to deliver the paintings. Her fame rose steadily and with it came financial success. After Nico's death, she concentrated even more on her art, but after the war, her paintings sold for very little money. In 1962, she moved in with a relative in Arnhem, where she passed away at the hospital in 1979. less
- 22ʺW × 1ʺD × 26ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Place of Origin
- Northern Europe
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Very good condition. Very good condition. less
- Art Subject
- Still Life
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.