This magnificent hand carved lion head architectural dates to the 1600s and was salvaged from a chateau near Macon, France ...
moreThis magnificent hand carved lion head architectural dates to the 1600s and was salvaged from a chateau near Macon, France. With the head of a lion and the body of an acanthus leaf volute, this was once mounted to a building facade or wall. This particular fragment, with one ornately carved side and the other side plain, yet equally weathered, means that it was most likely one of two, which flanked a center piece atop a portal or grand entryway to the chateau. The large acanthus leaf C-Scroll has a flower with a pine cone protruding from it and, one of the meanings of the acanthus leafs symbolism is immortality; and, one of the meanings of the pine cone’s symbolism is eternal life.
Today, this piece can be mounted as a piece of art anywhere in the home. This beautiful carved stone architectural is rare, and it will definitely be the focal point of any area in which it is placed.
H=31 3/8, Length=25, D=8 1/2 less
- 25ʺW × 8.5ʺD × 31.39ʺH
- 17th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Unknown, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Some motifs missing, chips and abrasions commensurate with age and outdoor use. Some motifs missing, chips and abrasions commensurate with age and outdoor use. less
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.