PRESENTING A BEAUTIFUL and EXTREMELY RARE French Walnut Duet Stand, of extra large proportions……18th Century…circa 1760.
Lovely proportions ... morePRESENTING A BEAUTIFUL and EXTREMELY RARE French Walnut Duet Stand, of extra large proportions……18th Century…circa 1760.
Lovely proportions and beautifully carved……..perfect for a home study, library or den or simply any home of elegance!!
Can also be used a a ‘Lutrin’ or ‘Lectern” for display of books, art, etc.
Elegant, Historical simplicity !!
Beautifully hand carved stand. The stand has 2 identical sides for the display of sheet music for a duet. It is so wide it could even possibly have been made for a quartet. It has a gorgeous natural walnut patina, complete with historic evidence of European woodworm!. It is provincial in style, not over elaborate like Louis XV or XVI pieces or even Georgian pieces in the UK. It measures 38 inches in width which is very wide for this type of stand. It has to central columns for the support and raising of the stand with wooden pegs to fix the stand in position if raised. The legs on either side are reeded and it stands on turned supports or feet with a central cross support. The stand is flanked on either side by gilt metal candle holders on swinging arms, so that the light could be positioned to the artists desired choice.
The patina of the over 250 year old walnut is simply GLORIOUS!
The piece is in AMAZING condition for it's age. less
- 38ʺW × 17ʺD × 56ʺH
- Mid 18th Century
- Place of Origin
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Overall in very good condition for it's age. Normal wear including historic woodworm holes. Overall in very good condition for it's age. Normal wear including historic woodworm holes. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.