Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Bent plywood side chairs designed by Josef Hoffmann (1870-1956) and Oswald Haerdtl (1899-1959) used in the cafe terrace at the ... moreBent plywood side chairs designed by Josef Hoffmann (1870-1956) and Oswald Haerdtl (1899-1959) used in the cafe terrace at the Vienna Werkbund Exhibition of 1930. Josef Hoffmann was a founding member of the Vienna Secessionist movement along with Gustav Klimt, Joseph Maria Olbrich, Koloman Moser and others. In 1903, Josef Hoffmann founded the highly influential Wiener Werkstätte along with Koloman Moser. The Wiener Werkstätte (Vienna Workshop) was a “productive cooperative of artisans” aimed at reviving quality craftsmanship and public interest in design. The community included artists, architects and designers who worked in many areas including silver, ceramics, fashion, graphic arts, and furniture. The movement would prove to be a pioneering force in modern design, influencing the styles of Bauhaus and Art Deco. Oswald Haerdtl began his career working as Hoffmann’s assistant, later becoming his studio director and then his partner after studying under Koloman Moser and Josef Frank in Vienna. Hoffmann and Haerdtl worked on several projects collaboratively, such as these chairs that employ continuous pieces of bent plywood for the rear legs, stiles, and crest rail. This set of chairs was produced by Thonet. The wood surface of these chairs has been restored without loss of character. Available as two pairs or one set of four. less
- 17.75ʺW × 18ʺD × 29.5ʺH
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- These chairs have been expertly refinished without loss of character. Structurally stable. These chairs have been expertly refinished without loss of character. Structurally stable. less
- Seat Height
- 16.0 inches
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.