Originating in New York, Hy Farber studied at Florence Crane School of Art under Jean Charlot, and Pratt Institute. He ... moreOriginating in New York, Hy Farber studied at Florence Crane School of Art under Jean Charlot, and Pratt Institute. He was a staff illustrator for New York's PM newspaper, and his WW2 war effort poster design was featured in the Museum of Modern Art, with a letter of commendation from President Roosevelt. He went on to win over 70 awards, and is featured in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art. From 1951-1983 he taught graphic design at UCLA, Cal State U Northridge, Cal State ULA, Art Center College of Design, and Manchester College of England. Working throughout his life as an artist, he embarked on a series of massive wooden sculptures in the 1980s to great success. This stylized nude embodies Farbers' imaginative approach to sculpting. At 65 inches tall,the lovely lady is imposing and impressive, and finely executed. The multiple layers of wood are fluidly shaped into pleasing curves to great effect. The wooden body is completed in a clear coated finish, atop a laminated rolling platform. less
- 59ʺW × 41ʺD × 65ʺH
- Late 20th Century
- Hy Farber
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Very Fine Original Condition. Good
Very Fine Original Condition. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
More From This DealerView All
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.