Built in 1926 along the sands of Santa Monica beach in Southern California, the Club Casa del Mar quickly became ...
moreBuilt in 1926 along the sands of Santa Monica beach in Southern California, the Club Casa del Mar quickly became a magnet for the newly rising Hollywood elite. The hotel, designed by architect Charles Plummer, was created in the Italian Renaissance revival style, exuding great opulence. The hotel operated until the onset of World War 2, when it was re-purposed as a military troop barracks. It was closed by 1960, then reopened in 1969 as Synanon, a drug rehabilitation facility. After more changes, it was re-opened as the Hotel Casa del Mar in 1999. In 2014, Michael Smith redesigned the lobby and restaurants. The hotel shares the property with the smaller, but popular Shutters Hotel.
This impressive jeweled copper chandelier is one of the originals from the hotel (we have two available). Its grandiose look and scale should blend in to many styles of interiors, from Italianette to Spanish Revival. The chandeliers are in fine original condition, wit a lovely patina to the copper bodies. They are supported by a trio of rods, wrapped in silk cord, and decorated with a silk tassel in the center. The body houses a cluster of lamp sockets, for ample illumination. They appear to have been electrically upgraded at one time, and are in fine working condition. less
- 58ʺW × 58ʺD × 43ʺL
- Renaissance Revival
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good. Wear consistent with age and use. Good. Wear consistent with age and use. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.