Gerald Hushlak (Canada, b.1945) "B123LYN" Computer Graphic in Color c.1976
World Print Competition Winner!
Fantastic early computer graphic printout from ... moreGerald Hushlak (Canada, b.1945) "B123LYN" Computer Graphic in Color c.1976
World Print Competition Winner!
Fantastic early computer graphic printout from a small edition of 50.
Pencil signed, numbered and titled by the artist.
A rare early Computer Graphic printed onto early printer paper with the holes lining each edge.
This remarkable early computer art measures 9.75" x 9.75". The paper measures 30.75" x 28.5".
Currently unframed. Be sure to use archival materials to protect this early computer graphic for the decades to come.
This is an extremely rare work that is sure to delight art collectors and computer fans alike.
Gerald Hushlak was born in Britain in 1945. After completing his MFA from the Royal College of Art, London in 1973, he studied at the University of Alberta, the University of Calgary and the University of California at Berkeley. In 1974, Hushlak won the World Print Competition hosted jointly by the Smithsonian Institute and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art for computer-generated print. He moved to Calgary, Alberta, in 1977, to take up a teaching position at the University of Calgary and pursue his cross-disciplinary work in art and computer science.
1976 was a great year for computers and printers. In 1976 the first inkjet printer was developed by Hewlett-Packard though these printers did not gain popularity until the 1980s.
Intel introduced the 8085 processor and Steve Wozniak designed the first Apple computer, and later that year Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak founded Apple Computers. less
- 30.75ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 28.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Very good all original condition. Very good all original condition. less
- Place of Origin
- North America
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.