Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Offered for sale is a magnificent hand carved mahogany Roulette table which was used at the world famous O'DWYER'S Casino ... more
Offered for sale is a magnificent hand carved mahogany Roulette table which was used at the world famous O'DWYER'S Casino in New Orleans, Louisiana. The roulette table is in very good original condition with only slight signs of wear. Included are the original accessories isuch as the dice, ivory roulette ball, chip tray, original chip divider, chips, money strong box and key. Also included are O'Dwyer's casino chips in many denominations including the following: (13) $1 white chips, (20) $5 blue chips, (12) $25 burgundy chips, (10) $100 black chips, (6) $500 gold chips, (2) plain chips, (3) 25 cent chips, (1) $1, (1) $5 and (35) red chips for roulette.
This table is being offered in a separate listing from a Craps table which was originally from Club Forrest in New Orleans and was on display at the Bella Rose Mansion in Ponchatoula, Louisiana. The roulette table was originally from The Beach Club, owned by ER Bradley "Mr. Lucky" was part of the Henry Flagler Resort located on Royal Poinciana at the foot of the bridge. Mr. Bradley was also the owner of the Fairgrounds Racetrack in New Orleans and was the proud owner of four Kentucky Derby winners. After the Beach Club closed in 1945, the tables were transported to New Orleans where they found a new home at O'dwyer's casino until 1952 when the FBI headed by J. Edgar Hoover came to "The Big Easy" to put an end to all illegal gambling operations.
Provenance of this gaming tables is documented in a sworn affidavit which will accompany the sale. The table and the Craps table being sold in a separate listing were stored by the late Jim Garrison after the ban and subsequent crackdown on gambling. Most of the gaming equipment seized by the FBI was confiscated and destroyed. These pieces, however, were stored and preserved in a warehouse by Jim Garrison, who was the district attorney for Jefferson Parish in the early 1960's. Garrison rocketed to fame when he challenged the Warren Commission's finding that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone when he assassinated JFK. Mr. Garrison found connections in New Orleans to another man who was at the assassination in Dallas. His disclosure of these facts brought to light the Oliver Stone film "Zapruder".
In 1987 the collection was acquired by Ralph G. James after he relocated to New Orleans and renewed a friendship with the late district attorney, Jim Garrison. Mr. James had been mayor of Wildwood, New Jersey for 12 years and headed the Eastern division of the GOP for just as many years. He was a well-respected politician, entrepreneur and philanthropist.
The table has brass knobs which unscrew to allow for the partial disassembly of the table.
- 102ʺW × 60.25ʺD × 35.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Design Modified, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- roulette table is in excellent original condition, the Blackjack table has had some restoration to replace missing pieces roulette table is in excellent original condition, the Blackjack table has had some restoration to replace missing pieces less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Table Shape
- Other (unique shapes)
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.