Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Offered for sale is a magnificent hand carved mahogany Roulette table which was used at the world famous O'DWYER'S Casino ...
moreOffered for sale is a magnificent hand carved mahogany Roulette table which was used at the world famous O'DWYER'S Casino in New Orleans, Louisiana. The roulette table is in very good original condition with only slight signs of wear. Included are the original accessories isuch as the ivory roulette ball, chip tray, original chip divider, chips, money strong box and key. Also included are O'Dwyer's casino chips in many denominations including the following: (13) $1 white chips, (20) $5 blue chips, (12) $25 burgundy chips, (10) $100 black chips, (6) $500 gold chips, (2) plain chips, (3) 25 cent chips, (1) $1, (1) $5 and (35) red chips for roulette.
This table is being offered in a separate listing from a Craps table which was originally from Club Forrest in New Orleans and was on display at the Bella Rose Mansion in Ponchatoula, Louisiana. The roulette table was originally from The Beach Club, owned by ER Bradley "Mr. Lucky" was part of the Henry Flagler Resort located on Royal Poinciana at the foot of the bridge. Mr. Bradley was also the owner of the Fairgrounds Racetrack in New Orleans and was the proud owner of four Kentucky Derby winners. After the Beach Club closed in 1945, the tables were transported to New Orleans where they found a new home at O'dwyer's casino until 1952 when the FBI headed by J. Edgar Hoover came to "The Big Easy" to put an end to all illegal gambling operations.
Provenance of this gaming tables is documented in a sworn affidavit which will accompany the sale. The table and the Craps table being sold in a separate listing were stored by the late Jim Garrison after the ban and subsequent crackdown on gambling. Most of the gaming equipment seized by the FBI was confiscated and destroyed. These pieces, however, were stored and preserved in a warehouse by Jim Garrison, who was the district attorney for Jefferson Parish in the early 1960's. Garrison rocketed to fame when he challenged the Warren Commission's finding that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone when he assassinated JFK. Mr. Garrison found connections in New Orleans to another man who was at the assassination in Dallas. His disclosure of these facts brought to light the Oliver Stone film "Zapruder".
In 1987 the collection was acquired by Ralph G. James after he relocated to New Orleans and renewed a friendship with the late district attorney, Jim Garrison. Mr. James had been mayor of Wildwood, New Jersey for 12 years and headed the Eastern division of the GOP for just as many years. He was a well-respected politician, entrepreneur and philanthropist.
The table has brass knobs that unscrew to allow for the partial disassembly of the table. Afree matching black-jack table will be included. less
- 102ʺW × 60.25ʺD × 35.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- roulette table is in excellent original condition roulette table is in excellent original condition less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Table Shape
- Other (unique shapes)
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.