Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Presenting a beautiful British flame mahogany and tooled leather partners desk, Regency William IV period, circa 1835.
Lovely neat proportions ... morePresenting a beautiful British flame mahogany and tooled leather partners desk, Regency William IV period, circa 1835.
Lovely neat proportions.
Perfect for a home study, library or den!!
Neat and tidy and not fussy or over-complicated, unlike later Victorian pieces …..elegant simplicity !!
Front side has one central double drawer with 2 pillars, each with 4 drawers. It has it's original brass handles, locks, etc.
The back side has 2 pillars with 2 doors that open to reveal 2 Shelves. Again with otiginal brass escutcheons and working locks.
Very Good Condition for its age. All locks are original with working keys.
One minor loss to drawer molding on front right bottom drawer, but not noticeable and does not adversely affect the piece.
Gorgeous 'flame mahogany' patina !!!
William IV: William IV (William Henry; 21 August 1765 – 20 June 1837) was King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and King of Hanover from 26 June 1830 until his death. The third son of George III and younger brother and successor to George IV, he was the last king and penultimate monarch of Britain's House of Hanover.
William served in the Royal Navy in his youth and was, both during his reign and afterwards, nicknamed the "Sailor King". He served in North America and the Caribbean. In 1789, he was created Duke of Clarence and St Andrews. Since his two older brothers died without leaving legitimate issue, he inherited the throne when he was 64 years old. His reign saw several reforms: the poor law was updated, child labour restricted, slavery abolished in nearly all the British Empire, and the British electoral system refashioned by the Reform Act 1832. Although William did not engage in politics as much as his brother or his father, he was the last monarch to appoint a prime minister contrary to the will of Parliament. Through his brother, the Viceroy of Hanover, he granted his German kingdom a short-lived liberal constitution.
At the time of his death William had no surviving legitimate children, but he was survived by eight of the ten illegitimate children he had by the actress Dorothea Jordan, with whom he cohabited for twenty years. William was succeeded in the United Kingdom by his niece, Victoria, and in Hanover by his brother, Ernest Augustus. less
- 60ʺW × 42ʺD × 30ʺH
- Early 19th Century
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent original condition. Normal wear and tear for a piece this age. Excellent original condition. Normal wear and tear for a piece this age. less
- Table Shape
- Table Knee Clearance
- 24.0 inches
- Animal Skin Partner Desks
- Auburn Partner Desks
- Brass Partner Desks
- Brass Partner Desks
- Brown Partner Desks
- Gold Partner Desks
- Hollywood Regency Partner Desks
- Leather Partner Desks
- Mahogany Partner Desks
- Metal Partner Desks
- Regency Partner Desks
- Traditional Partner Desks
- William IV Partner Desks
- Wood Partner Desks
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.