Fine rare Italian cabinet / sideboard in teak with decorative brass pulls designed by Paolo Buffa. Circa 1940's
Stamped inside `Exposizione ... moreFine rare Italian cabinet / sideboard in teak with decorative brass pulls designed by Paolo Buffa. Circa 1940's
Stamped inside `Exposizione Permanante di Cantu`. Cantu was the celebrated center for quality Italian cabinet making. Illustrated page 1 of `Il Mobile Italiano degli anni 40 e 50` by Irene de Guttry and Maria Paola Maino.
Paolo Buffa was an Italian architect and designer best known for his designs of mid-century furniture. Characterized by a melding of tradition and modernity, he used a combination of low-profile, rectilinear, and hardwood forms to produce his most classic pieces. Born in 1903 in Milan, Italy, Buffa studied at the Polytechnic Institute of Milan before working for the prominent Italian architect and designer Gio Ponti. After opening a firm with his frequent collaborator Antonio Cassi Ramelli, Buffa's career grew in critical and commercial acclaim. The designer’s oeuvre includes exhibitions at the 1948 Salon des Artistes Decorateur in Paris. Before his death in 1970 in Milan, Italy, Buffa had been named one of the most important designers in the country.
- 74.5ʺW × 16.5ʺD × 58ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Original finish, wonderfully cared for no issues. Original finish, wonderfully cared for no issues. less
- Mid-Century Modern
- Paolo Buffa
- Place of Origin
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.