Emberbowl - a handmade charred wood vessel from Christian Nyberg.
Starting with hardwood board - in this case poplar - Nyberg utilizes wood ... moreEmberbowl - a handmade charred wood vessel from Christian Nyberg.
Starting with hardwood board - in this case poplar - Nyberg utilizes wood embers to burn a bowl-shaped indentation into the surface of the board. He carves it out and repeats the process, finally putting the whole bowl into the fire, letting the heat and flames dictate the final shape. After the bowl is burned (and sanded up to 600 grit) it is then washed, removing all remaining loose char. The black coloration that is left lies within the grain of the wood. The bowl is then oiled and waxed with products from Walrus Oil. As a final touch, brass ball feet complement Nyberg's signature embedded brass discs.
This natural wax finish is dry food safe, perfect for uncooked grains or fruit display. If the bowl gets wet, wipe off as quickly as possible. Liquid on the bowl will bead up on the waxed surface, however if left for long periods of time, may raise the wax. This can easily be re-waxed and subsequently concealed. As brass naturally oxidizes with air exposure, detail elements may naturally patina over time. Brass feet and disks should occasionally be polished with a polishing cloth to retain their high-shine finish.
- 26ʺW × 10.5ʺD × 2.5ʺH
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Mint Condition, Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
- Black Decorative Bowls
- Blue Decorative Bowls
- Brass Decorative Bowls
- Brass Decorative Bowls
- Brown Decorative Bowls
- Contemporary Decorative Bowls
- Gold Decorative Bowls
- Metal Decorative Bowls
- Modern Decorative Bowls
- Organic Modern Decorative Bowls
- Outdoor Decor
- Sand Decorative Bowls
- Tan Decorative Bowls
- Wood Decorative Bowls
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.