Emberbowl - a handmade charred wood vessel from Christian Nyberg.
Starting with hardwood board - in this case poplar - ... moreEmberbowl - a handmade charred wood vessel from Christian Nyberg.
Starting with hardwood board - in this case poplar - Nyberg utilizes wood embers to burn a bowl-shaped indentation into the surface of the board. He carves it out and repeats the process, finally putting the whole bowl into the fire, letting the heat and flames dictate the final shape. After the bowl is burned (and sanded up to 600 grit) it is then washed, removing all remaining loose char. The black coloration that is left lies within the grain of the wood. The bowl is then oiled and waxed with products from Walrus Oil. As a final touch, brass ball feet complement Nyberg's signature embedded brass discs.
This natural wax finish is dry food safe, perfect for uncooked grains or fruit display. If the bowl gets wet, wipe off as quickly as possible. Liquid on the bowl will bead up on the waxed surface, however if left for long periods of time, may raise the wax. This can easily be re-waxed and subsequently concealed. As brass naturally oxidizes with air exposure, detail elements may naturally patina over time. Brass feet and disks should occasionally be polished with a polishing cloth to retain their high-shine finish.
- 26ʺW × 10.5ʺD × 2.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.