Lovely pair of Empire Style Bedroom Scroll-end Seats or benches.
One in the form of a Bench to sit at ... moreLovely pair of Empire Style Bedroom Scroll-end Seats or benches.
One in the form of a Bench to sit at the foot of a bed and the other for sitting at a Dressing Table.
Both re-upholstered with fine floral fabric and decorative upholstery pins, made of walnut.
Mid 20th Century, but very decorative.
Dimensions: Large Bench: 25" Tall, 46" Wide and 15.5" deep
Smaller Seat: 22.25" Tall, 22.75" Wide and 15" Deep.
The Empire style, French pronunciation: [ɑ̃.piːʁ],the second phase of Romanticism, is an early-nineteenth-century design movement in architecture, furniture, other decorative arts, and the visual arts that flourished between 1800 and 1815 during the Consulate and the First French Empire periods, although its life span lasted until the late 1820s (or more depending on each country). From France it spread into much of Europe and the United States.
The style originated in and takes its name from the rule of Napoleon I in the First French Empire, when it was intended to idealize Napoleon's leadership and the French state. The style corresponds in that intent to the Biedermeier style in the German-speaking lands, Federal style in the United States, and the Regency style in Britain. The previous style in France was called Louis XVI style. less
- 46ʺW × 15.5ʺD × 25ʺH
- Mid 20th Century
- Place of Origin
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Near Mint. Near Mint. less
- Seat Height
- 17.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
- Beige Benches
- Biedermeier Benches
- Brown Benches
- Country Benches
- Dallas Benches
- Empire Benches
- Fabric Benches
- French Benches
- Hollywood Regency Benches
- Outdoor Benches
- Purple Benches
- Red Benches
- Regency Benches
- Rustic Benches
- Shabby Chic Benches
- Tan Benches
- Textile Benches
- Traditional Benches
- Turquoise Benches
- Upholstery Benches
- Walnut Benches
- White Benches
- Wood Benches
- Yellow Benches
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.