Large oil on canvas in the style of Jean-Michel Basquiat. By Los Angeles artist Andrew Shachat. Represented by Patricia Correia ...
moreLarge oil on canvas in the style of Jean-Michel Basquiat. By Los Angeles artist Andrew Shachat. Represented by Patricia Correia Gallery, Venice, CA.
Patricia Correia Gallery (PCG) was first established in Venice, California in 1991. In 1994 the gallery was invited to participate at Bergamot Station Art Center in Santa Monica, CA, USA, where it currently resides. From 1991 through 2003, the focus of the gallery was on contemporary fine art originating on the West Coast, with a concentration on artwork from Los Angeles, California.
In 2003, the director, Ms. Correia, refocused the gallery’s direction; staying within the focus of contemporary art, yet concentrating on artwork by Mexican-American, Chicana/o artists throughout the United States. Many of the artists represented by the gallery during this project, participated in the founding of the “Chicano Art Movement” which has been evolving over the last 40 years. These visual artists have participated in public artwork, grants, art biennials, gallery and museum exhibitions and museum collections both nationally and internationally. This exclusive five year project will conclude in 2008. Within the gallery, Chicana/o art will continue to remain as a part of the gallery’s curatorial focus.
In 2004, Rae Anne Robinett joined the gallery and became director of PCG in 2005. Ms. Robinett is currently the director of FaufiTown Projects (established 2006) and Patricia Correia Gallery. Upon creating Patricia Correia Productions in 2006, Ms. Correia became Executive Director and renewed her commitment to championing international artists. Patricia Correia Productions sponsors both Patricia Correia Gallery, sister gallery FaufiTown Projects, and Patricia Correia Publishing (publisher of fine art prints by invitation since 2001).
Currently, Patricia Correia Gallery will be working solely with established, museum collected artists, both nationally and internationally. FaufiTown Projects, located at Patricia Correia Gallery, will exhibit new and emerging artists.
Since 1991, the Patricia Correia Gallery has provided a forum for artists who create contemporary fine arts and artists through media such as painting, sculpture, photography, printmaking, installation, video, and new genre. less
- 86ʺW × 2ʺD × 51ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good condition. Wear consistent with age and use. Good condition. Wear consistent with age and use. less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.