This elegant pair of Louis XV style mahogany commodes are from the workshops of Spain, sometime in the early 20th ...
moreThis elegant pair of Louis XV style mahogany commodes are from the workshops of Spain, sometime in the early 20th century. Each commode has variegated, light colored marble tops and beautiful gilt bronze mounts. Pairs of Louis XV style commodes of this size are often very difficult to find. The style is closely resembles the highest end commodes available in France during the mid 1700s. They can be quickly described as two drawer commodes-en-arbalete with serpentine aprons and gilt bronze mounts. The mounts were used to protect the valuable furniture as well as for stunning decoration.
The beautiful mahogany throughout the commodes has been configured in various panels of parquetry. At the top corners are large gilt bronze espagnolettes connected to the acanthus leaf paw feet by a linear strip. The big paw feet mounts continue all around to the back, which is highly unusual. The back feet have bronze mounts going to the back. The top two drawers have finely detailed rectangular gilt bronze surrounds having C-Scroll hearts at either end. All of the handles have acanthus leaf escutcheons, and there are also acanthus leaf escutcheons around the key holes, of which the bottom two are faux. The bottom drawer is full length but with separations of gilt bronze mounts in the same areas as the top two drawers. In between the drawers and at the center, are graceful female masks. Both commodes have beautiful variegated, light marble tops.
Rare and stunning, this pair of mahogany and gilt bronze mounted commodes in the Louis XV style will be the focal point of any room.
H=31 1/2, L=42 3/4, D=21
- 42.75ʺW × 21ʺD × 31.5ʺH
- Early 20th Century
- Louis XV
- Place of Origin
- Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Unknown, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Very good condition with minor rubs and nicks to veneer. Very good condition with minor rubs and nicks to veneer. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.