Lovely piece of original Irish Art, by one of our favorite Irish artists.
Painting by popular and rapidly rising Irish ... moreLovely piece of original Irish Art, by one of our favorite Irish artists.
Painting by popular and rapidly rising Irish Artist, Seamus Coleman of County Roscommon.
This painting is titled ” Ballaghadereen Bog”.
Signed on the bottom left and dated 2004.
Gorgeous colors that capture the essence of an Irish Peat Bog in Summer.
In Summertime, over the Centuries, Irish people have harvested peat from the peat bogs to make peat logs or "turf" as it is known, for winter fuel for the fire. Rural Irish people would own small bog plots and in the summer they would cut the peat logs and stack them in piles to dry. Once dry they were perfect fuel for the winter fire and stove.
Irish Bogs have their own unique native flora and fauna and this painting beautifully reflect this !
Irish Bogs are rapidly disappearing as is the practice of cutting and burning turf, carbon emissions and all that ! LOL
So, this painting will only appreciate in value, as it beautifully reflects a period of Irish history and culture that may soon be forgotten.
Framed behind glass, fully signed and original.
If you are Irish-American (or any other ancestry for that matter) you will love this guy's work, it is quintessentially Irish!
He truly CAPTURES THE SPIRIT OF IRISH COUNTRY LIVING.
HIS WORKS ARE A HISTORIC VISUAL RECORD OF CHANGING TIMES AND TIMES NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN.
- 21.5ʺW × 3.25ʺD × 17.5ʺH
- Early 21st Century
- Place of Origin
- Very Good Condition, Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Near Mint. Near Mint. less
- Art Subject
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.