Table and four chairs of walnut and walnut plywood from the Cylindra line designed by Henry Glass and produced by ... moreTable and four chairs of walnut and walnut plywood from the Cylindra line designed by Henry Glass and produced by Richbilt Mfg, circa 1966. Born in Vienna and trained in Industrial design and architecture there, Glass emigrated to the U.S. in 1939, working briefly in Gilbert Rohde's office in New York before settling in Chicago, where he studied with Moholy-Nagy and absorbed lessons from Buckminster Fuller. His furniture designs combined expressive, curvilinear visual elements with an underlying engineering sensibility. The present table features a clover-shaped top with well-balanced three leg molded plywood chairs with pierced backs that hug the curves of the table. Two of the tapering curved plywood legs are split to accommodate two 20” leaves that compound the curves of the table top. Rare to the market, this set has been refinished and newly upholstered. Measurements are of the table closed. Each leaf measures W20” so fully open the table measures W82". Each chair measures 18” x 18” x H31”. less
- 42ʺW × 42ʺD × 29ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Refinished and reupholstered within the past few years. Fine overall condition with only very minor wear to the wood consistent ...
moreRefinished and reupholstered within the past few years. Fine overall condition with only very minor wear to the wood consistent with age and use. The fabric is in excellent condition. Some minor tone difference to the leaves, which were stored and not used recently. See photos.
- Richbilt MFG
- Henry Glass
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Seat Height
- 31.0 inches
- Table Base
- Table Shape
- Other (unique shapes)
- Table Leaf Width
- 20.0 inches
- Number of Leaves
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
06824 does not qualify.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.