George III Period ….. REGENCY !!!
Really nice and interesting piece !!
Beautiful Cuban mahogany inlaid with satinwood and ebony ... moreGeorge III Period ….. REGENCY !!!
Really nice and interesting piece !!
Beautiful Cuban mahogany inlaid with satinwood and ebony herringbone stringing.
Gorgeous 200 year old patina !!
Originally would have been a harpsicord/square piano, but as the use of harpsicord’s died out in the late 18th Century and more classically shaped piano’s came back into vogue, it was converted in the very early 19th Century for more practical use as a Bureau or stationary/writing desk.
The top lid lifts in 3 sections, to reveal a lovely writing area with several drawers and stationary cubbie-holes and the makers porcelain Label (see photo).
The entire top unit sits on top of a 4 legged base unit.
Makers mark and label on desk interior……Broderip & Wilkinson, Haymarket, London.
The original piece would be circa 1775……the conversion circa 1800.
Broderip & Wilkinson operated at the Haymarket address until 1807. less
- 64.5ʺW × 24ʺD × 32ʺH
- Late 18th Century
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Original Design Modified, Needs Restoration
- Condition Notes
- Could do with a restorer adding support pillars to connect the 4 legs. They were obviously connected at one time. ... moreCould do with a restorer adding support pillars to connect the 4 legs. They were obviously connected at one time. This would substantially stabilize this piece. Some minor losses of stringing, some cracks from age but still in fair condition overall less
- Place of Origin
- Table Shape
- Table Knee Clearance
- 20.25 inches
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.