Looking to purchase online? Ask the dealer if it's available.
Babs Haenen, born in Amsterdam in 1948, creates expressive and impressionistic ceramics that give equal importance to color, line, and ...
moreBabs Haenen, born in Amsterdam in 1948, creates expressive and impressionistic ceramics that give equal importance to color, line, and form. Her works are embellished in a painterly manner, highlighting the influence of abstract painting and landscape motifs, like rippling water, on her practice.
Haenen works with colored porcelain slabs and builds colorful, organic vessels with a dynamic inner choreography. Layering the slabs with pigment allows her to form thin ribbons of colored porcelain, which she folds, cuts, and sculpts to create her vessels. Lately, Haenen’s work has gone from vertical vessel forms to more complex works that incorporate two or more separate pieces creating colorful tabletop landscapes.
Haenen first worked as a dancer before studying visual art at the Gerrit Rietvield Academy, Amsterdam 1974-1979. In 1987 Haenen was the recipient of the Werbeurs Stichting Fonds voor Beeldende Kunsten-Vormgeving en Bouwkunst. She was the 1990 Werbeurs Ministrie van VVVC and she received the 1991 Inax Design Prize for Europe from Japan.
Her work is in the permanent collections of many museums, including: Museum of Fine Art, Boston; Museum of Fine Art, Houston; Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam; Boijmans-van Beuningen Museum, Rotterdam; Frans Hals Museum, Haarlem; Museum of Contemporary Ceramic Art, Shigaraki, Japan; Carnegie Institute Museum of Art, Pittsburgh; Cooper-Hewitt Museum, New York; Museum of Art and Design, New York; and the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. less
- 26ʺW × 14.5ʺD × 20ʺH
- BABS HAENEN
- Place of Origin
- Mint Condition, Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent new condition with natural variations Excellent new condition with natural variations less
- Art Subject
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.