Really cute pair of Nao (division of Lladro), Spanish porcelain figurines of 2 ballet dancers reclining facing each other.
Each ... moreReally cute pair of Nao (division of Lladro), Spanish porcelain figurines of 2 ballet dancers reclining facing each other.
Each dancer is dressed in her tou tou.
WHAT A GREAT L:ITTLE GIFT FOR YOUR BUDDING BALLERINA!!
HISTORY OF NAO PORCELAIN:
In 1967 the Lladró brothers purchased a small porcelain factory very close to the city of Valencia and began collaborating with the best local porcelain artisans. A new style was born, with the staff being trained specifically for that purpose, leading to the first creations commercialized under the name Rosal. Seen from the optic of current standards, the modeling of these figurines might look less sophisticated; however these creations are full of charm and innocence, two features that have been lovingly maintained in its subsequent evolution.
Rosal created pieces with themes that would endure as the brand evolved: focusing primarily on a life full of romanticism in an undefined idyllic time.
Following the success of the new brand, the next step came in 1975. The name of the collection changed to ZAPHIR and the factory moved to new premises with larger workshops, with a view to expanding the company in the future. ZAPHIR creations were more stylized and embraced a wider variety of themes. They were the natural result of the porcelain mastery gained by the young artisans.
The popularity of the brand in the USA spread rapidly, confirming it as an internationally renowned brand. This led the Lladró brothers to search for a different business name and to work towards introducing themselves into other international markets. NAO borrowed its name from the old sailing boats from the time of Columbus, and symbolizes a return journey to origins, conveying creativity, skill and magic. This is how the dream of the Lladró brothers came into being: to make porcelain figurines affordable for lovers of beauty.
Today, the Lladró brothers original small workshop has now become a corporation where hundreds of artists work everyday, producing creations which are sold all over the world. less
- 8ʺW × 4.75ʺD × 5.75ʺH
- Early 21st Century
- Place of Origin
- Vintage / Antique / Used, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- One 'little finger' chipped on one, but otherwise mint. One 'little finger' chipped on one, but otherwise mint. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
- Enter a zip code for more accurate shipping information.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.