Ink and Acrylic, nail decals, Hanji on Mylar
In her image- and color-saturated paintings and prints, Jiha Moon mashes up ... moreInk and Acrylic, nail decals, Hanji on Mylar
In her image- and color-saturated paintings and prints, Jiha Moon mashes up materials, motifs, and techniques to create dreamlike compositions, stuffed with Eastern and Western art historical and pop cultural references that challenge fixed notions of cultural identity and represent our information-overloaded world. Everything is fair game for Moon—she draws from sources high and low, real and virtual, ancient and contemporary, including 13th-century Taoist painting, American Pop, Disney cartoons, Dr. Seuss books, emoticons, fortune cookies, and Asian restaurant menus. Her exuberant compositions stretch and burst across the picture plane. Gestural, abstract passages and calligraphic brushstrokes flow into stylized landscapes, in which viewers may find Snow White consorting with an idealized Chinese female figure, while smiley-faced emoticons and ripe peaches float about them. At once playful and dark, Moon’s work sends-up the persistence of cultural stereotypes in our globalized world. Korean, b. 1973, Daegu, South Korea, based in Atlanta, Georgia
SOLO SHOWS: 2018: Patricia Sweetow Gallery, San Francisco, Jiha Moon - Familiar Face, 2018: Curator's Office, WASHINGTON, JIHA MOON | Double Welcome, Most Everyone's Mad Here, 2017: Mindy Solomon Gallery, Miami, Visitors Green, 2016: Reynolds Gallery, Richmond, Jiha Moon: Blue Yolo, Yellow Chrysanthemum, 2013: Saltworks Gallery, Atlanta, Jiha Moon Foreign Love, 2012: Saltworks Gallery, Atlanta, Jiha Moon, Detourist, 2008: Diane Villani Editions, New York, Diane Villani Edition at Art Chicago 2008. GROUP SHOWS: 2015: Wingate Studio, Boston, Printer's Proof: Thirty Years at Wingate Studio, 2013: Saltworks Gallery, Atlanta, Four Atlantans. FAIR HISTORY ON ARTSY: 2018: Mindy Solomon Gallery at Seattle Art Fair 2018, 2017: Mindy Solomon Gallery at PULSE Miami Beach 2017, 2016: Wingate Studio at Art on Paper New York 2016 less
- 25ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 20ʺH
- Item Type
- Mint Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent condition. Excellent condition. less
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.