Ink and Acrylic, Hanji on Mylar
In her image- and color-saturated paintings and prints, Jiha Moon mashes up materials, motifs ... moreInk and Acrylic, Hanji on Mylar
In her image- and color-saturated paintings and prints, Jiha Moon mashes up materials, motifs, and techniques to create dreamlike compositions, stuffed with Eastern and Western art historical and pop cultural references that challenge fixed notions of cultural identity and represent our information-overloaded world. Everything is fair game for Moon—she draws from sources high and low, real and virtual, ancient and contemporary, including 13th-century Taoist painting, American Pop, Disney cartoons, Dr. Seuss books, emoticons, fortune cookies, and Asian restaurant menus. Her exuberant compositions stretch and burst across the picture plane. Gestural, abstract passages and calligraphic brushstrokes flow into stylized landscapes, in which viewers may find Snow White consorting with an idealized Chinese female figure, while smiley-faced emoticons and ripe peaches float about them. At once playful and dark, Moon’s work sends-up the persistence of cultural stereotypes in our globalized world. Korean, b. 1973, Daegu, South Korea, based in Atlanta, Georgia
SOLO SHOWS: 2018: Patricia Sweetow Gallery, San Francisco, Jiha Moon - Familiar Face, 2018: Curator's Office, WASHINGTON, JIHA MOON | Double Welcome, Most Everyone's Mad Here, 2017: Mindy Solomon Gallery, Miami, Visitors Green, 2016: Reynolds Gallery, Richmond, Jiha Moon: Blue Yolo, Yellow Chrysanthemum, 2013: Saltworks Gallery, Atlanta, Jiha Moon Foreign Love, 2012: Saltworks Gallery, Atlanta, Jiha Moon, Detourist, 2008: Diane Villani Editions, New York, Diane Villani Edition at Art Chicago 2008. GROUP SHOWS: 2015: Wingate Studio, Boston, Printer's Proof: Thirty Years at Wingate Studio, 2013: Saltworks Gallery, Atlanta, Four Atlantans. FAIR HISTORY ON ARTSY: 2018: Mindy Solomon Gallery at Seattle Art Fair 2018, 2017: Mindy Solomon Gallery at PULSE Miami Beach 2017, 2016: Wingate Studio at Art on Paper New York 2016 less
- 25ʺW × 0.1ʺD × 20ʺH
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Mint Condition, Not Used, Original Condition Unaltered, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent condition. Excellent condition. less
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.