1960s geometric design stoneware mirror and coat rack by Massachusetts pottery Michael Cohen. Executed at Herring Run while sharing a ...
more1960s geometric design stoneware mirror and coat rack by Massachusetts pottery Michael Cohen. Executed at Herring Run while sharing a studio with William Wyman. Piece is signed with the Cohen mark.
Per Vasefinder: Michael Cohen received his B.F.A. from the Massachusetts College of Art of Boston. While studying there Michael accepted a position as an employee of William Wyman. After serving in the military, he completed graduate work at the Cranbrook Academy, where he was a student of Maija Grotell. After one year at Cranbrook, he started his own studio in Newton Center, Massachusetts. In 1963, Michael Cohen and William Wyman created the Herring Run Pottery of East Weymouth, Massachusetts. His work is in the permanent collection of the Fuller Art Museum, Brockton, Massachusetts; Everson Museum, Syracuse, New York; Museum of Contemporary Crafts, New York City, New York and Museum of Modern Art, Design Collection, New York City, New York. less
- 19ʺW × 3ʺD × 9.75ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Good. Minor wear consistent with age and use. Some cracking to cork backer, non structural Good. Minor wear consistent with age and use. Some cracking to cork backer, non structural less
- Mid-Century Modern
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
Typical Delivery Time: 7-14 days.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
All sales are final 48 hours after delivery, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Made-to-Order items typically include a lead time or custom delivery window, which is detailed in the product description.
For shipping on all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping may be offered on select listings.
- Smaller items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date, while larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- When an item with Free Shipping is returned, the cost of return shipping fees will be charged to the buyer.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item at the time of pickup and avoid shipping costs.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment is arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL.
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box or envelope may be shipped via parcel.
- Shipping charges start at $9 — and vary based on the size, weight, packaging and the value of the item.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home and placed in the room of your choice (installation and hookup are not included).
- Deliveries may take up to 6 weeks, and up to 8 weeks when either the buyer or seller are located outside of standard shipping routes.
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, size, location of the buyer and seller, and value of the item.
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping is offered and managed by the seller, through a shipper of the seller’s choice.
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion.
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery is offered and managed by the seller, within a limited geography.
- Following purchase, a confirmation email is sent to the confirmation email address associated with the order, and includes: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery.