Newly imported and restored from a private collector in Brazil, this one of a kind sofa and two matching side ...
moreNewly imported and restored from a private collector in Brazil, this one of a kind sofa and two matching side tables were created by the Liceu de Artes e Ofícios de São Paulo and encapsulate the quality and innovation of the school's designs.
Founded in 1873, the Liceu de Artes e Ofícios in São Paulo was established in order to lead the Arts & Crafts movement to Brazil. The school provided an education for students where they could learn skills such as carpentry, painting, pottery, and design, enabling them to perform as highly skilled craftsmen. The LAOSP became self-sufficient and independent when the students began receiving financial support for the work they produced. These pieces, being of such a high standard, were sold throughout Brazil. The students also made items for special projects at prestigious places in Sao Paulo such as hotels, universities and private residences.
The slenderly proportioned frame of this sofa has been newly refinished and is sculpted out of Jacaranda (rosewood), which demonstrates a beautiful and varied grain showing much movement and contrast. What appears to be a delicate frame is in fact incredibly strong and supports three seats which can be removed and positioned in a variety of arrangements. These seats have brass brackets on the back which are hooked over the frame to secure them in place. There are also two slim sections of slatted rosewood which can be removed and placed in or around the seats where you can rest a drink or book on. The three seats have been recently upholstered in new old stock from Brazil using a slightly off-white linen which is contrasted by subtle woven strands of a light sandy beige. The backs of these seats are punctuated by the original diamond shaped buttons that came originally with the sofa, also made of jacaranda.
The pair of side tables features slenderly proportioned frames which have been newly refinished and are also sculpted out of Jacaranda (rosewood). The frames of both tables support two slim sections of slatted rosewood which can be removed and placed in a variety of layouts to suit mood and occasion, as demonstrated in the photographs. The tables also feature elegant, conical legs and the joining from the table's stretchers are visible, showing a beautiful diversity in the natural shades of this wood. On the frames of these pieces are the Liceu de Artes e Ofícios stickers, guaranteeing the quality of the pieces. The original tax stamps are also affixed to the sofa and remnants of these stamps can be found on the tables. These stamps denote the amount of tax required to pay for this piece in Brazil when it was originally sold in the 1950s.
Consider pairing this sofa with our Jorge Zalszupin armchairs in cream-colored leather and rosewood frames. Also, a great pairing would be our Sergio Rodrigues lounge chairs, such as our Tonico armchair that we currently have in stock - contact us for our current stock on other Brazilian modern designs.
Sofa 28.5" H x 98.25" W x 28" D
Seat height 16.75"
Seat depth 21.75"
14" H x 25.25" W x 27" D
All pieces are in newly restored condition. less
- 98.25ʺW × 28ʺD × 28.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Excellent Condition, Restored, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
- Liceu de Artes e Ofícios
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 16.75 inches
- Table Shape
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
- Mid-Century Modern Side Tables
- Brown Side Tables
- Brass Side Tables
- Animal Skin Side Tables
- Leather Side Tables
- Metal Side Tables
- Rosewood Side Tables
- White Side Tables
- Wood Side Tables
- Side Tables in Los Angeles
- Traditional Side Tables
- Arts and Crafts Side Tables
- Cream Side Tables
- Outdoor Side Tables
- Textile Side Tables
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.