Attention designers and architects! This is an amazing option for your most demanding client - an early production example with original ...
moreAttention designers and architects! This is an amazing option for your most demanding client - an early production example with original black medallion label signifying it is a 1st or 2nd generation Eames lounge and ottoman for Herman Miller. However what makes this unique for those 'special clients', the ones who want the collectability of an early original, but also want the benefits of new upholstery, is that this was recently restored with new high-quality leather and inner cushions.
You will generally find early production examples with seat and back cushions that are flattened and unattractive. In addition, the down and foam inserts retain an odor (and maybe other things too!) that has developed over 50 to 60 years of continuous use. While this is appealing to some, there are those who find it to be disgusting and prefer not to smell what others have sat on for decades, and therefore prefer to have the cushions replaced and new leather added.
So, voila - here it is - the perfect option for those demanding clients - this set of 1960s early production examples are the best of both worlds! Original where it counts and newly restored where it matters.
The shells are fabricated from pressed layers of Rosewood and both pieces have enameled aluminum bases. The lounge chair has a built-in swivel mechanism, ideal for the person seated to divert their conversation or focus where appropriate.
This highly unique color combination of olive green leather and Rosewood would be a great addition as part of a classic, contemporary or mid-century modern living room, den, man (or woman!) cave, family room, office or bedroom. It would also be an apt choice in a corporate, retail or hospitality location such as a boutique hotel lobby, cocktail bar, members club, workspace studio, executive office or in a luxe clothing emporium.
Chair Measurements: 33" H x 37" W x 33.5" D
Seat height 17"
Seat depth 21.5"
17.25" H x 26" W x 21.5" D
Restored condition. Signs of use commensurate with age are evident. less
- 37ʺW × 33.5ʺD × 33ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Excellent Condition, Restored, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use. Excellent
Wear consistent with age and use. less
- Scandinavian Modern
- Charles Eames
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Seat Height
- 17.0 inches
- Seat Interior Depth
- 21.5 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
- Mid-Century Modern Chair and Ottoman Sets
- Metal Chair and Ottoman Sets
- Brown Chair and Ottoman Sets
- Animal Skin Chair and Ottoman Sets
- Leather Chair and Ottoman Sets
- Rosewood Chair and Ottoman Sets
- Wood Chair and Ottoman Sets
- Aluminum Chair and Ottoman Sets
- Green Chair and Ottoman Sets
- Los Angeles Chair and Ottoman Sets
- Paint Chair and Ottoman Sets
- Scandinavian Modern Chair and Ottoman Sets
- Textile Chair and Ottoman Sets
- Upholstery Chair and Ottoman Sets
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.