Invest in a piece of design history with this channel tufted chaise longue by Steve Chase. Recently procured from an ...
moreInvest in a piece of design history with this channel tufted chaise longue by Steve Chase. Recently procured from an extraordinary coastal cliff top home in Laguna Beach which was custom designed in it's entirety by prolific Southern California based designer Steve Chase.
And as an added feature, this piece was recently selected (and reupholstered) to dress the set of Ryan Murphy's second season of American Crime Story for FOX. This season is based on the murder of Gianni Versace. The set decorators selected a vibrant salmon pink crushed velvet for this particular chaise / daybed and reupholstered it specifically for the show. Be sure to watch this season for two reasons: First, it is sure to be an exciting season and storyline, and secondly to see this Steve Chase chaise longue make it's debut on a blockbuster TV Show with other amazing set design by Matthew Ferguson.
Work on the Chase house, where this daybed was procured, began in the early 1980s and was expanded and completed by the end of that decade. Chase performed as the interior designer as well as being involved through the construction phase from start to finish. Every piece of furniture, built-in cabinetry, millwork, hearth and shelving was custom-made to fit precisely to the home, featuring a generous amount of Lucite, which Chase was well-known for incorporating in his work, including an impressive three inch thick solid Lucite banister running up a curved stairwell. The owners developed a close friendship with Chase and they travelled together on numerous occasions.
This custom designed daybed / chaise longue was originally part of the exquisite bedroom, which as you can see in the photos provided, was uniquely Chase. This piece embodies Chase's signature design aesthetic, as described in his own words; deliberate, unexpected and with touch of humor. Featuring channel tufting, which is particularly on-trend right now, this sumptuous chaise has deep comfortable seating for kicking back and relaxing. But the most remarkable feature of this chaise is the illuminated base which can be plugged in at the back and once switched on it casts a warm glow of the light giving it a soft yet luminescent radiance.
So get your hands on a fragment of an incredible story with this time honored chaise longue you can regale about to your guests for years to come. This piece can be used in a living room, den, family room, media room, office or bedroom. It would also be an Apt choice for a corporate, retail or hospitality location such as a boutique hotel, cocktail bar, members club, workspace studio, executive office or in a luxe clothing emporium.
29.5" H x 99" W x 40" D
Seat height 16"
Excellent condition. Recently reupholstered in pink crushed velvet fabric. less
- 99ʺW × 40ʺD × 29.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Very Good Condition, Original Design Modified, No Imperfections
- Condition Notes
- Excellent Excellent less
- Steve Chase
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Seat Height
- 16.0 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.