Sculptural "Waikiki" rocking chaise lounge chair by Walter Lamb recently procured from the estate of Shirley Temple. This collectible example ...
moreSculptural "Waikiki" rocking chaise lounge chair by Walter Lamb recently procured from the estate of Shirley Temple. This collectible example of functional art is from the early years of Lamb's work with Brown Jordan, dating from the mid 1950s. This lounge chair is comprised of a tubular bronze frame featuring the original highly attractive verdigris patinated finish and has been newly re-strung with woven sail cord, a braided cotton with a nylon core to prevent stretching. This new cording retains the integrity of the design while allowing lounger to be fully functional and enjoyed for years to come.
We also have the matching low side table that pairs with this lounger, contact us for more details.
Note: Often times you will find the frames cleaned of the original patina that was developed over the years. When cleaned the frames appears to be dark brown (bronze colored). We do not advise this, as much of the collectible value and attraction to these designs come from the natural organic patina that has taken decades to develop into what we believe is natures art. Once cleaned it will take a very long time for the patina to develop back. In addition, the patina on this particular item was developed over the decades that it was owned by Shirley Temple Black.
This sophisticated chaise longue would be a great addition as part of a classic, contemporary or mid-century modern poolside, patio, garden, sunroom, veranda or balcony. It would also be an apt choice for a corporate, retail or hospitality location such as a boutique hotel patio, members club terrace or workspace outdoor break area.
Measurements: 20.5" H x 70" W x 21" D
Seat height 9"
Excellent condition. Seat newly restrung and the frame features the original attractive patina throughout. Signs of use commensurate with age are evident. less
- 70ʺW × 21ʺD × 20.5ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use. Excellent
Wear consistent with age and use. less
- Brown Jordan
- Walter Lamb
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
- Mid-Century Modern Patio and Garden Furniture
- Metal Patio and Garden Furniture
- Brown Jordan Patio and Garden Furniture
- Outdoor Patio Furniture
- Bronze Patio and Garden Furniture
- Brown Patio and Garden Furniture
- Contemporary Patio and Garden Furniture
- Gold Patio and Garden Furniture
- Los Angeles Patio and Garden Furniture
- Turquoise Patio and Garden Furniture
- Verdigris Patio and Garden Furniture
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.