Newly imported and restored from a private collector in Brazil, these uniquely crafted armchairs were created by the Liceu de ...
moreNewly imported and restored from a private collector in Brazil, these uniquely crafted armchairs were created by the Liceu de Artes e Oficios de São Paulo and encapsulate the quality and innovation of the school's designs.
Founded in 1873, the Liceu de Artes e Oficios in São Paulo was established in order to lead the Arts and Crafts movement to Brazil. The school provided an education for students where they could learn skills such as carpentry, painting, pottery and design, enabling them to perform as highly skilled craftsmen. The LAOSP became self sufficient and independent when the students began receiving financial support for the work they produced. These pieces, being of such a high standard, were sold throughout Brazil. The students also made items for special projects at prestigious places in Sao Paulo such as hotels, universities and private residences.
The elegantly crafted frames of these club chairs have been recently refinished and are sculpted out of caviuna (Brazilian rosewood), which demonstrates a beautiful and varied grain showing much movement and contrast. These lounge chairs feature square frames with flared arms which have a carved section on each and mirrored x-shape sides punctuated by a circular brass embellishment. These armchairs have been recently reupholstered in a subtly patterned fabric made up of varied tones of light blue, blue-gray, muted greens and navy which blend seamlessly into one another. The chairs are supported by slender, gently tapered feet.
This handsome set would be a great addition used together or individually around the home as part of a Classic or contemporary dining room, living room, den, family room, office or bedroom. They would also be an Apt choice in a corporate, retail or hospitality location such as a boutique hotel lobby, cocktail bar, members club, workspace studio, executive office or in a luxe clothing emporium.
Measurements: 29.75" H x 26.25" W x 27" D
Seat height 16.25"
Seat depth 21"
Newly restored condition. less
- 26.25ʺW × 27ʺD × 29.75ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Restored, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use. Excellent
Wear consistent with age and use. less
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 16.25 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.