Do you know what an architect, a historian, a collector, and a spelunker like Indiana Jones all have in common ...
moreDo you know what an architect, a historian, a collector, and a spelunker like Indiana Jones all have in common? This is a chair they would all love to sit in. Its worn in like none other, each with a story to tell - unique, mysterious and wise. These chairs speak volumes for those who sit in it. Distressed is one word that you can use. But character, aged, refined, rugged, those are also equally as describing.
Each chair is functional art - your throne is the seat to your future and the connection to your past so make this rare, sought after, and collectible piece yours before it's gone. Only two low-back versions left from a total set of seven chairs that we restored from this set.
This incredibly beautiful heavily distressed leather Model FK 6727, 'Bird' chair, also commonly referred to as a 'Tulip' chair, was designed by Preben Fabricius and Jørgen Kastholm, manufactured in Germany by Alfred Kill International, circa 1960. Alternative caster-bases can be swapped out for the pictured base at no-charge.
This gorgeous bucket armchairs is fabricated from a fiberglass shell which is encased with its original brown leather cover. The original leather cover posses heavy distressing and years of natural age and wear. To preserve this incredible look - we expertly restored the areas that were needed, including leather repair and reinforcement so that the age and beauty of the chair could be preserved indefinitely. Reinforcement to the leather was applied invisibly underneath the leather so that to the viewer - it is unnoticeable.
This desk chair sits atop a chromed three-star base, which was a signature of the designer duo's work. We have other bases from the same line available and since they are all interchangeable with the chair tops - contact us if you would like the 3-star base to be swapped with a five-star base on casters to be used as a desk or office chair.
This 'Bird' (also referred to as the Tulip) chair would be a perfect addition to any design lovers interior concept. They would look commanding in any office or study as well as an option for an accent chair in a living room, den or games room. It would also work well in a hospitality or corporate location, such as a private members club, executive office, creative space or hotel lobby check in area to create a design magazine worthy look.
We also have the corresponding Grasshopper Chaise Lounge available for purchase. Inquire for more details.
Additionally we have a pair of highback versions of this same chair, also in distressed leather that came from the same original estate in Norway in which we imported here to Los Angeles and began careful restoration of the leather cover and chair frame. We plan to list the highbacks for sale soon, however you can contact us now for more information on them if you are interested.
Measurements: 34" H x 28" W x 28" D
Seat height 16.75"
Seat depth 16.5" less
- 28ʺW × 28ʺD × 34ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use. Minor fading.
Very good original vintage condition. Frames are sturdy and structurally sound ... moreGood
Wear consistent with age and use. Minor fading.
Very good original vintage condition. Frames are sturdy and structurally sound. The leather has beautiful heavy distressing and patina built up over time. less
- Scandinavian Modern
- Alfred Kill
- Place of Origin
- Seat Height
- 16.75 inches
- Seat Interior Depth
- 16.5 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email email@example.com within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.