This paired set of His and Hers tulip chairs for Knoll International, designed by Eero Saarinen was part of the ...
moreThis paired set of His and Hers tulip chairs for Knoll International, designed by Eero Saarinen was part of the "Pedestal Collection" originally created for Knoll in 1957. Saarinen's intent was to clean up the "slum of legs" found under four legged tables and chairs. After collaboration with Knoll's research and design teams, full scale models became furniture items and the result was initially tested at the Saarinen home in Michigan.
The tulip set is includes one (1) armchair and one (1) matching side chair comprised of molded fiberglass shell seats supported on a white painted aluminum stem and original plaid seat pads consisting of ochre, forest green, red, gray-toned navy and gray toned French blue on a neutral taupe background. The original Knoll International stickers are found under each seat pad.
Also, we discovered a fragment of a newspaper corner under one of the seat cushions when we acquired these chairs with the date Friday April 7 1978 and can include it with purchase should you wish to retain a little scrap of history.
The epochal design of these chairs with their clean lines and minimal design makes these pieces Apt for a number of locations such as a living room, den, family room office or bedroom. They would also be great in a hospitality or corporate location, such as a boutique hotel lobby, cocktail bar, members club, workspace studio, executive office or in a luxe clothing emporium.
armchair 32" H x 26.25" W x 22" D
seat height 20.25"
seat depth 18"
side chair 32" H x 20" W x 21.25" D
seat height 19.5"
seat depth 17.25"
Very good vintage condition. Seat cushions in great shape. As expected, signs of use commensurate with its age are evident. Slight yellowing to the bases and some minor scuffs. less
- 26.25ʺW × 22ʺD × 32ʺH
- Item Type
- Vintage, Antique or Pre-owned
- Good Condition, Original Condition Unaltered, Some Imperfections
- Condition Notes
Wear consistent with age and use. Good
Wear consistent with age and use. less
- Knoll International
- Eero Saarinen
- Place of Origin
- United States of America
- Seat Height
- 20.25 inches
Shipping & ReturnsView Policy
Enter a zip code for precise shipping costs.
All sales are final unless covered under the Buyer Guarantee.
For Made-to-Order items, refer to the product description for lead times and delivery window specific to your item. For all other items, please see below:
- Free Shipping
- Free shipping is offered on select listings.
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date.
- Larger items and furniture may take up to 6 weeks for delivery.
- Free Local Pickup
- Local pickup allows customers to inspect an item in person and avoid shipping costs
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification & Seller's contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate pickup
- Parcel Delivery
- Shipment arranged through recognized carriers such as UPS, FedEx, DHL and USPS
- Only pieces that can be safely packed in a box are eligible
- Shipping charges start at $9 — Dependent on size, weight, value and packaging
- Items are typically delivered within 2 weeks of the purchase date
- DECASO White Glove Delivery
- Item is delivered inside your home
- Deliveries typically take about up to 6 weeks
- Delivery may take up to 8 weeks in more remote locations
- Shipping charges start at $299, depending on product type, value, size and location
- Seller Managed Delivery
- Shipping offered and managed by the seller
- Pickup and delivery through a shipper of the seller’s choice
- Available on items at the seller’s discretion
- Seller Managed Local Delivery
- Local curbside delivery handled by the seller within a limited geography
- A confirmation email is sent after the purchase with: Pickup Verification Code & Seller’s contact information
- Please contact the seller within 5 days to coordinate delivery
- Prior to shipping or local pickup, buyers may cancel an order for any reason.
- Please notify us within 24 hours of purchase if you would like to cancel an order, as prompt cancellation will reduce the likelihood that you will incur return shipping charges.
Under the DECASO Buyer Guarantee, all sales are final unless your item is:
- Entirely different than what you purchased
- If any of the above applies, email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of delivery, and if applicable DECASO will issue a full refund, including the outbound and return shipping charges.
- Local Pickup & Local Delivery
- All sales final once buyer takes possession of item.
- If you decide to cancel the order at pick up, you or your agent must reject the item at the time of pickup or delivery from the seller. Do not take the item with you or accept the curbside delivery.
- Please contact email@example.com to let us know you did not accept the item and would like to initiate a return.